Bleach Serenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Serenity

A new Bleach RPG where you can RP as a character in the anime or manga, or make your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stat System

Go down 
+4
Hayami Rentai
Kurokon Shikyo
Ishpaleum
Byakuya Kuchiki™
8 posters

Should We Have a Stat System?
Yes
Stat System Vote_lcap35%Stat System Vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
No
Stat System Vote_lcap65%Stat System Vote_rcap
 65% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
Byakuya Kuchiki™

Byakuya Kuchiki™

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Should we have a stat system?
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-serenity.rpg-board.net
Ishpaleum

Ishpaleum

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm

I'm absolutely against it, a stat system takes away from both the fun and originallity offered by an rp site by forcing chracters to fit certain roles. It also creates massive gaps in power that can't be closed, especially by newer members. I've already made my case against it though, so I won't say any more.
Back to top Go down
Kurokon Shikyo

Kurokon Shikyo

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:46 pm

it may be a bit of trouble, but we need something to keep people from being so stupid about powers... since we ALL know a captains could easily take down a luitenant who doesnt have bankai. and idk about you guys but the fact is im tired of seeing an espada who is weak trying to fight a captain commander on equal ground...
Back to top Go down
Ishpaleum

Ishpaleum

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Yeah, but isn't that one of the reasons we have mods?
Back to top Go down
Kurokon Shikyo

Kurokon Shikyo

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:58 pm

this wouldnt be a problem if we had two things, mods who actually had powers, and people who actually listen
Back to top Go down
Ishpaleum

Ishpaleum

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Which is why we have admins with the ban hammer Very Happy. I understand where you are coming from, but I can't agree that placing a stat system is the way to go. It is way to easy to abuse, and can make it so that even if you have the vocabulary of a monkey you could still end up killing one of the best players on the site.
Back to top Go down
Kurokon Shikyo

Kurokon Shikyo

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 pm

true but we could easily make it un abuseable... like tying the stats together...
Back to top Go down
Ishpaleum

Ishpaleum

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:06 pm

And how would you make it so that new players could come in without being beaten to a bloody pulp?
Back to top Go down
Kurokon Shikyo

Kurokon Shikyo

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:09 pm

ehh.... have them train? theyre not likely to just run into an espada or captain are they?
Back to top Go down
Ishpaleum

Ishpaleum

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:13 pm

.. Here's the problem with that. The fact is, while they are training A. there is nothing stopping a stronger character from, again, beating them senseless. B. While they are training, you are assuming that every other character wouldn't be, hence the "gap in power that I mentioned earlier. Unless you wanted to prevent people from building stats, which would kinda defeat the purpose, there really isn't a way to prevent that. (I apologize if I seem argumentative, I am just trying to explain my point of view. Plus, I'm kinda enjoying it.)
Back to top Go down
Hayami Rentai

Hayami Rentai

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Please, everyone. Im revamping the stat system anyway. Can we all just give it a chance? Vote yes, and then we can TRY it out and see how it goes? ^^

And Ish, stat system or not, there's STILL nothing stopping stronger characters from beating weaker characters to a pulp. People here are not fair! They dont follow bleach with their characters and rank.

Sorry, Zilo. But you're my example.

Zilo was the Lieutenant of the Fourth Division (Medical) <-- And they are NOT fit for Combat Kido, and COMBAT PERIOD. He fought Soren, Shunsui (and i THINK Zaraki), and was STILL LIVING. He used Kido Number 90, Black Coffin, which was UNFAIR for a Lieutenant of the Medical Division.

If you ask me, doing things like THAT suck the fun out of RP because just ANYONE can decide they're not going to be fair.
Back to top Go down
http://new-beginnings.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Reiniku Zenshou

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:01 pm

in my opinion it should be the participants job to call godmod if they see something unfair, and the mods job to enforce or dismiss the call, thats just my opinion though ignore it if you want, or not i don't care really
Back to top Go down
Hayami Rentai

Hayami Rentai

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:00 pm

No, your opinion wont be ignored. You're right, the participants should have said something, but they obviously didn't care as much as i do/did. Whether or not they care or not, I know that i, for one, do. I don't like unfair Roleplay, and i dont like that somehow the Ex-Lt of the 4th Division escaped 3 captains without dying somehow. It's simply... impossible. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Mukuro Rokudo

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 pm

I think that a stat system should be planted on this site. People are having some BS Reiatsu, and people are starting to copy Zaraki's seal. If its not in your app you can't use it D:<.
Back to top Go down
Dellapero+

Dellapero+

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Let it be noted all my arrancar's have used seals and it is in the APP
Back to top Go down
Hayami Rentai

Hayami Rentai

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:52 pm

I agree with Blade. Also, even if the stat system DOESNT get approved, the seals seriously need to be reviewed -_-
Back to top Go down
Reiniku Zenshou

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:13 pm

i agree that it shouldn't have happened, as in no way shape or form is a Lt. strong enough to go toe to toe with one captain let alone three, but the captains should have called him on it, since they didn't he got away with it, it shouldn't happen but it did. as for the seals and whatnot, i agree not in the app not gonna happen
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:58 am

I think we should try to give the stats system a go, but even if we don't then we seriously need to look at power deferences between ranks to make things more fairer on the site. I didn't keep very up to date with the whole Kensei situation (though I probably should have because my character's a captain) but I come across the topic about how he's 'killed' by Zilo. I know that example has been used before, but seriously, how OP can you get? A lieutenant defeating an ex-captain commander? Though, if you do chose to go awhead with the stats system then all admin/mods will need to be pretty much on the ball to make sure people stick to the stats.

Last edited by Koori Yuki on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kurokon Shikyo

Kurokon Shikyo

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:59 am

for once.. agreed, although i will say i let him win because he beat the captains, so it was the best choice x.x plus he was the most active person willing to do it
Back to top Go down
Hayami Rentai

Hayami Rentai

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Ah! Thank you, finally some people who sees eye-to-eye, and actually understand how it'd all work out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stat System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System   Stat System Empty

Back to top Go down

Stat System
Page 1 of 1