Bleach Serenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Serenity

A new Bleach RPG where you can RP as a character in the anime or manga, or make your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stat System 2.0 =D

Go down 
+22
Urufu
Yammy Riyalgo
Ichimaru Gin
Sangre Amo
Zilo
Emiko Nasatora
Arabella Formosita
Estatico Idurre
Noah
Raphael
Sanba
Kuroden
Jor'lo Dosene
Ishpaleum
Koori Yuki
Locura Ash
Tomix
Kurokon Shikyo
Shunsui Kyoraku
Byakuya Kuchiki™
Dellapero+
Hayami Rentai
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we try this system? (Please vote AFTER you've read EVERYTHING)
Yes
Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 24 ]
No
Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 24 ]
Dont care (Counts as both yes AND no)
Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 49

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Ishpaleum

Ishpaleum

Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:51 pm

I've got to say, this actually looks pretty good so far as stat systems go, and I actually think that if it was properly managed it could work for the site. Of course, saying that we NEED it is just bullcrap, because we don't... this is why we have mods in the first place: to moderate. Personally, if it was something like this system I wouldn't mind much, as it seems to cover most of the problems that I have with stats in general. Mods will still have to moderate for it work... which kinda voids the point :/. Anyway, that's just my take on, you can take it with a side of beans if ya like.
Back to top Go down
Kurokon Shikyo

Kurokon Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 pm

I prefer sides of corn instead of beans.
Back to top Go down
Ishpaleum

Ishpaleum

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 pm

But corn gets stuck in the teeth! It does taste better though..
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:25 am

I'm all for people actually working for their power because I think half the fun of RPing is to build up your character and constantly improve them - what's the fun if you're the best and can beat everyone all the time?

Also, I think that this system is well thought out, and it does add an element of control to the RP (and it would make it easier to moderate battle topics as well Very Happy) So I think we should give it a go - test it out and see how well it works, though I think that once people get the hang of it they'll like it.
Back to top Go down
Jor'lo Dosene

Jor'lo Dosene

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:43 am

Yeah, I agree with Koori Yuki, I say we have a trial period, see what people think of it. That way people can't just say, "No way, no how. These stats won't work." Stats are here to make things more logical, more understandable, more fun. Without them you can just SAY you are faster, SAY you are stronger, SAY your Reiatsu is enough to crush the living daylights out of someone. But with stats there is a SYSTEM to know all that, there is a SYSTEM so that people can't OP their characters. Even those who still try to OP their characters really can't, because we will know how to judge them. This is only my opinion though, there are still those who will say. "Stats won't work.", but those people will be few and far between.
Back to top Go down
Kuroden

Kuroden

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Alright since everyone else gave their takes i suppose that it is my turn. I understand what everyone means by you can not state you have god reitsu and the strength of Ichigo on crack, but the fact of the matter is as follows. Everyone says that stats make things more fair and that you can train your stats up doing this or that and it stops you from learning such and such by doing this or that. Really to be quite honest the only thing these stats do is allow people that have been here since the beginning and have attained those high ranks to hold majority power and i know after this post someone will come after me and spout something about someone being good enough to take a spot, but how if one guy throws his points in spiritual pressure and decides to crush guy two who balanced his stats out? And someone will come again saying that that is what the moderators are for, but honestly the moderators are or rather were here before said stats to decide what is the right way for this to happen by using logical explanations such as this.

Example of fair fight moderation without stats using logic:

This is not some sad excuse to be a battle moderator, but a good example of how a battle without stats can be very easily decided upon with logic while more arguments will arise with the stats. Example:

Sally slashes at greg while using shunpo. Sally has 300 strength 50 speed and 100 shunpo mastery with 40 zanjutsu mastery.

Greg says that he blocked with his zanpakuto and that Sally could not have killed him. Greg has 260 strength and 100 zanjutsu defense.

Now Greg and Sally are in a predicament and of course they would do teh wise thing and go to a battle mod after arguing greatly in the chatbox over what happened. Now said battle moderators would have to create another system for blocking that would make it all teh more confusing, while with our current tier system we know where everyone stands fairly and are able to state that if an advanced captain tries to attack the vaizard leader that it would not be effective if blocked because they are on different tiers all together. As i stated before this is a game of who gets where first, but in this system of tiers it is much easier to determine what is and is not logical (points above to the argument in the spoiler). It is not wise to bring in that which is not needed and that is proven to fail...(points to other sites related to this one by members). Now do understand, I am not trying to say NO STATS IT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, but I am stating that this is very unwise when compared to the things stated above for why it would work. To clear up any sounds of myself being contradictory and hypocritical this is a game of who gets here first, but it is fair that if a third seat has more skill in rp (example of skill below V) that he should be allowed to take his captain's position. This is alot less likely to happen if said captain has more than a hundred more stats than the third seat. Not to say that said captain does, but the fact still remains that the point i stated is infact logical and unbias.

example of skill:

As you can see Sally has won this bout because of Greg's cockiness and willingness to attack at such a fast pace and his underestimation of sally. Now some would say oh thats not fair they are both captains, but Sally is a rather new Captain while Greg has been at it for over two hundred years. Sally just skillfully used what Greg had done to her to her advantage and won the fight even though he was obviously stronger which was showed by his easy block of her at a high speed motion. It is a matter of skill that can be easily moderated with the tier system while said stats will completely and exponentially raise the arguing and rage quit factors of the site and no one wants that. I do apologize for the incredibly long rant, but it needed to be said and please before you post any response arguing what i have said read it all thoroughly. Thank you all for your time and please do not delete my post. Everyone needs to see this and understand what they are getting into.
Back to top Go down
Jor'lo Dosene

Jor'lo Dosene

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 pm

First off, we would not need to create another system for blocking, that is already there. Strength is what applies to blocking, if you have enough strength you can block. If you have less, depending on how FAR under their strength you are, you can still block. Stats make things ALOT easier on the battle mods. In fact, your example of fair fight moderation is better used for stats then for without stats, because without stats whos to say if Grimmjow had more of a Heiro? Who's to say if he would have been alive or not? Nothing. Stats would have shown that. Without stats we have chaos, with stats we have logic and order.
Back to top Go down
Kuroden

Kuroden

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 pm

No Jor'lo that is incorrect because as stated hierro is based off spiritual pressure. The Espada leader has immense spiritual pressure meaning that his hierro was incredibly strong and that a regular cero from the ex 4th espada would not kill said Leader
Back to top Go down
Jor'lo Dosene

Jor'lo Dosene

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:56 pm

lol Again, who's to SAY if he had "emmence Spiritual Pressure"? Without a stat system, no one. No one can say he had more SP then him. Because there is nothing to show that, other then his rank.
Back to top Go down
Kuroden

Kuroden

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Exactly and the rank can and should not be attained without the skill and prowess to back it up including the pressure and strength.
Back to top Go down
Jor'lo Dosene

Jor'lo Dosene

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:00 pm

lol True, but not true. This stat system will make things easier, so that we do not have another (Yes, I am going to bring this up once more because it is a perfect example of why we NEED a stat system) Zilo inncident. Where a 5th seat is killing off Captains. Which, by your rank reasoning, should not be able to happen.
Back to top Go down
Kuroden

Kuroden

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Ahh but if you read my rant above you would see that i was referring to an incident like Zilo's and that with skill a weaker opponent could infact take a stronger one especially if that person is only good and making apps and not a good general rper.
Back to top Go down
Dellapero+

Dellapero+

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:03 pm

I would also like to note grimmjow was the ex sixth and a Adjuhace Espada who are weaker then Vasto Lordes Espada.
Back to top Go down
Kuroden

Kuroden

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Please refer to the text above in the spoiler Zane. It states the fail of your argument clearly.
Back to top Go down
Jor'lo Dosene

Jor'lo Dosene

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Kuro, I am sorry to say but I am sure the ONLY reason you are so adament about not having stats is because then you will have to actually WRK to be as powerful as Hayami when you just want to take the Vizard leader position quickly. But I will not bring that up anymore, I am only saying that stats will make the Moderators, the adminastrators, and the general RP'ers jobs alot easier.
Back to top Go down
Kuroden

Kuroden

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Jor that is a blatant lie lol. If i wanted or even needed to i would fight hayami without stats and as i said i have no problem working for what i want or need, but I am basing this on logic and well common sense, but whatever. What happens happens. I have said what i needed and it is up to the Admins to either agree or not and decide about these stats.
Back to top Go down
Byakuya Kuchiki™

Byakuya Kuchiki™

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm

I tihnk we should have a trial period with the stats. And even if they're agreed upon, we won't have to use them in the Off-RPG area. That way if some people don't like them, they can fight in the other area without them. And let's remember, stats are only for fighting. The RP world doesn't revolve around fighting.
Back to top Go down
https://bleach-serenity.rpg-board.net
Jor'lo Dosene

Jor'lo Dosene

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Sarah is right. And I also think that if both parties get permission from the admins or the battle mods, and if both parties agree to it, then they should be able to fight without stats in the In-rpg area. That way some people can't complain and say that they can't get any higher in stats so they will never be able to better their enemy. (Like, say, an Arrancar vs a human or something like that.)
Back to top Go down
Sanba

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:51 pm

I personally dont like the stat system but it seems decided. People like me who recently joined the site wont ever be able to do anything because i'll b crankin the stats. I say if were gonna do stats and were already doing a revamp. We all start out with the same default. Because say im a better Roleplayer then....Reikou. Yet I am only allowed a 6th seat from the admins and in the apps it shows I can RP better. Well she is given captain stats and im given 6th seat stats. That was an example, I have no clue how she Rp's. But do you see my point? Im voting against stats but whatever's decided is decided
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleachdynasty.com/portal.htm
Hayami Rentai

Hayami Rentai

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Kuroden wrote:
No Jor'lo that is incorrect because as stated hierro is based off spiritual pressure. The Espada leader has immense spiritual pressure meaning that his hierro was incredibly strong and that a regular cero from the ex 4th espada would not kill said Leader

Kuroden, you are incorrect. So, let me give a canon refrence.

Nnoitora's Hierro was the STRONGEST OF ALL THE ESPADA... yet... he was only the 5th Espada. Ulquiorra had much more spiritual pressure than him, as did Tia, Barragan and Yammy. We can CLEARLY see that. It's not based off of reiatsu, because each Espada's hierro levels are different, no matter of their SP.

Also, if your a better roleplayer, then it shouldnt matter. If you people are really as good as you all think, and want to base things off of skill, then what does it matter if someone has more stats than you? If you're such a good roleplayer, then work your way up, and you'll do it in no time.
Back to top Go down
http://new-beginnings.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Locura Ash

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:43 pm

...Sanba, that was already discussed earlier; I believe Hayami Rentai's post, yesterday on page 2, should answer your concerns about that event.
Back to top Go down
Sanba

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:27 am

He talked about people who have been RPing for years. I am saying that he is Vizard Leader, this is an example of course. Hes already leader so he'll be given higher stats then everyone else and he also said that if people die and keep making characters he'll keep killing them off. How will we "work" if someone stronger can come along and boss the fight because they have higher stats? I wanna run, but no I dont have a high enough speed to run, I wanna fight back but I cant cuz im not strong enough. It really is besides the point because I am fine with the system even tho I would rather go without. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleachdynasty.com/portal.htm
Raphael

Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 am

actually the definition of hierro clearly states that the strength of the hierro varies on the users SP
Back to top Go down
Dellapero+

Dellapero+

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:31 am

So Nnoitorra had the highest spiritual pressure in the espada? Nah, I don't think so. Heirro is an espada's hardened reiatsu and reiroka. The more that is used the stronger the Heirro.
Back to top Go down
Raphael

Raphael

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:35 am

Hierro (鋼皮 (イエロ), iero; Spanish for "Iron", Japanese for "Steel Skin") is an Arrancar technique in which the user's reiryoku condenses, creating a steel-hard skin strong enough to block a Zanpakutō. This also allows them to fight some of the sword-wielding Shinigami barehanded.

The strength of Arrancars' Hierro depends on their spiritual power; Nnoitra Jiruga claimed to have the strongest Hierro. But it is unknown if Nnoitra's claims are true, given the fact that he's outranked by four Espada of higher power, and a former Espada was able to injure him without reciprocation. While Hierro can block even released Zanpakutō, Kenpachi Zaraki discovered that he could cut Nnoitra's by adapting to the latter's Reiatsu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stat System 2.0 =D   Stat System 2.0 =D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stat System 2.0 =D
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next