Bleach Serenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Serenity

A new Bleach RPG where you can RP as a character in the anime or manga, or make your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Careless injury [open]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Careless injury [open] Empty
PostSubject: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:11 am

Yuki sat in the waiting room in the fourth division for a member of the squad to come see her. She hadn't wanted to come, but the nagging members of her squad had insisted - quite forcefully - for her to pay the division a visit. It had just been a routine patrol of Rukongai, with Yuki and a few members of her squad keeping the peace and also keeping a watch out for any rogue hollows that may have found their way into Rukongai. Personally she thought her presence with the patrols were a a waste of her time - time better spent elsewhere. Unfortunately orders were orders, and so she had to carry them out to the best of her ability.

It had almost been time to return to Seireitei and have a 'changing of the guard' as some might call it, when Yuki felt the reiatsu of a few weak hollows. That had been her first mistake - underestimating the enemy. All she had wanted to do was get back to her office after a boring, hot and uneventful day in the dusty districts and so she ordered her team to eliminate the hollow, while she herself went for the one that seemed to have the most reiatsu, even if that wasn't very much. The hollows had been dealt with easy enough - as Yuki had known they would be - but as they went to leave the reiatsu of the hollow Yuki ahd fought and killed had flared up before it rose to its feet, increasing in both size and power. Without hesitating Yuki ordered her team to stay put before engaging once more in battle.

Once again Yuki killed it, definitely dead without a doubt, and left to rejoin her squad. However, her careless attack approach had left her open for an attack, and as a result she had been cut by a long tentacle-like thing that had extended from the hollows body, ripping apart the skin on the upper part of her right arm. Even as she sat in the chair, blood dripping down through the rough makeshift bandage onto the pristine floor she could feel the dull throb of lancing pain through the nerves. The skin and muscles had been torn, exposing the red-stained white bones beneath, starting just below her shoulder and moving down to about the middle of her upper arm, curling very slightly so that it wasn't a straight cut. When she had got to the fourth division, after unwilling agreeing to go, she had insisted that others who were there before her were seen before her, and she would just wait.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Jim walked into the waiting room of the 4th divison for medical treatment. He walked and sat down without looking to see who was around him. At the moment he was in great pain. He was helping another member of 5th with kido training when his kido missfired and hit a tree. The tree was engulfed in fire. Normaly this would be a problem, but he sat his sword under that tree. parts of the tree fell causeing the grass to catch on fire. Jim had no choice but to reach into the flames to get his sword. This left his left arm badly burned. "Kaendoragon must be laughing his head off right now." He said rather loudly.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 am

Yuki turned her head as a man sat down in the vacant chair next to her, his face showing how much pain he was in. Looking over to his arm she could see the vicious burns marring the skin, turning it a terrible, blotchy red. She would hate to get an injury like that - she had always hated fire and heat, so she could understand why he looked to be in as much pain as he did. Turning away from him Yuki lifted her hand up to her shoulder, only to feel that the blood had completely soaked the bandage. She let out a small sigh, she would need to get a new one soon. Suddenly she was pulled from her thoughts by the man next to her who spoke quite loudly.

"Who's Kaendragon? Now that she looked at him Yuki felt as though he looked familiar, though she couldn't quite place the face.
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 pm

"Kaendoragon is the name of my sword. He is a fire type and is most likely laughing at me for burning myself." He said, not looking up to see who said it. His hand hurt quite a lot. When he looked up to see who it was, he sat up strait and said, "Sorry captain, I didn't mean to be rude. Let me introduse myself, I am James Kisheen Lieutenant of 5th division. Mind if I ask your name?" He said in a nice manar
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:58 am

"Don't worry about it. I'm Koori Yuki, captain of the 10th division." She didn't really mind that much that he had been 'rude', though she didn't think he was considering he was only answering her question; she hated being treated differently, even if she was a captain and it came with the job.

"So how did you burn yourself? It looks like it would hurt a lot."
Back to top Go down
Retsu Unohana

Retsu Unohana

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:09 am

A nurse respectfully approached Retsu as she sat completing paperwork... She was filling out progress notes on her patients and was completely absorbed in her task when she looked up to find her nurse in a quiet bow.

"Unohana-Taicho, There are two new wounded who have recently arrived... A captain and a lieutenant..."

"Thank you, Lissa," Retsu started as she put down her paperwork, anxious to asses her new patients. "Please take me to where they are..."

She followed her nurse as she was shown into the room where they were.

"So how did you burn yourself? It looks like it would hurt a lot." She heard the captain ask.

"Good day, I don't mean to interrupt but I was told that you both recently arrived with injuries, please allow me to take a look at them..."

Retsu's gaze was drawn to the floor as she noticed the slow, steady dripping of blood from the captain's arm and shoulder. She quickly went into action, not bothering to wait for an assent to treat the wound. She went to a cabinet in the room and pulled out several items, including gauze to place pressure on the wound to halt the bleeding.

Her smiling demeanor changed quickly into the practical clinician as she focused on the wounds at hand. They should have gotten me sooner! How long has this arm been bleeding?

"Lissa, please request the assistance of three other nurses besides yourself, send someone to find the lieutenant, bring a suture kit..." Retsu paused as she caught a familiar scent hovering in the air, "and supplies to cleanse the lieutenant's burn."

"Hai!" Lissa left the room quickly, now that she had been given her instructions from her captain.

Retsu opened the gauze padding and applied it to the source of the bleeding using firm pressure until the nurses came back in with the supplies she needed.

"I am sorry to meet like this... Captain, Vice-Captain, I came as soon as I was informed of you condition..."
Back to top Go down
Dak Rios

Dak Rios

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 am

Dak gently opened her eyes. Her eyes were still heavy from sleep and she tried to sit up. She wasn't able to; but she was able to turn her head. She surveyed the surroundings and realized she was in a room she didn't recognize. She sudden;y became worried and tried to get out of bed. She finally managed to sit up and with help from her zanpaktou, managed to stand to her feet. "I'm...in the infirmary?" she spoke out loud as she glanced down at the front of her chest and torso. She was wrapped in bandages all along her wrists as well

So she took a step and then next thing she knew she was limping out of her room and into the hall. "I have to...get out of here. I hate hospitals" she murmured as she tried to leave the place. Last time she had been in an infirmary it was because of her older brother and he had been the one in bed, nearly succumbing to his injuries. And it was all because of her; because she couldn't control her spiritual energy. But she pushed these thoughts from her mind as she continued walking. She finally made it somewhere before everything went back. She hit the ground as she passed out from mall of the pain that she should've been feeling but hadn't because of the adrenaline pumping through her veins

"Where's...Tsubasa?" she whispered out, referring to her zanpaktou which was barely out of reach of her hand
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Before he had a chance to answer Koori's question Unohana-Taicho came up to them. He chose it would be good to go ahead and tell what happen as he waited for Lissa, he belived he heard right, to return with something to help with the burn. "It was a simple Kido misshap that started a fire on a tree. My sword was under the tree and a few burning branches fell on top of it. To get the sword out, with as little damage, I reached into the flames to pull my sword out. It took longer then I thought it would have, and that is what happened to my hand." He didn't feel like adding the part about how it wasn't his kido that started the fire, but another shinigami's from his divison.
Back to top Go down
Retsu Unohana

Retsu Unohana

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:42 am

Retsu listened to the lieutenant's words as she worked on the captain's arm and shoulder. She quietly in canted a binding kido to have the layers of flesh pull together. Retsu smiled as the bleeding slowed and finally stopped. She used another kido to numb the area gently, and held it closer for inspection. She knew the binding would hold for a while, but the wound would still need to be stitched to allow it heal.

"...that is what happened to my hand"

Retsu turned to the lieutenant, still holding the captain's arm. "I admit I was curious, I am glad it was a simple misshap..."

Lissa returned with the other other nurses in tow. "I was not able to find the lieutenant, Unohana-taicho, but a message has been left at his office. I have brought the nurses and supplies you requested. Shall I begin to clean the lieutenant's burn?"

"Yes that will do, If one of you will come and bring the sutures I will prep the captain's arm."

Another nurse knocked quietly at the door, "Unohana-taicho, Rios-taicho is awake and is talking..."

"Send a nurse to her immediately, please keep her calm... We don't need the captain of the 11th division tearing the place apart..."

The nurse quickly left the room to go to the 11th division captain.

Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:14 am

Yuki watched as Unohana came into the room wth a nurse trailing after her, her kindly smile leaving making her appear very professional. She knew that the captain probably wouldn't be very happy with the fact that her arm had been bleeding for quite a while know, but she decided it would be best to keep that information to herself. She heard the captain say that she would look at the injuries of both her and the lieutenant next to her.

"Of course. It isn't really that bad, maybe a small slash. It looks a lot worse because of all the blood." Yuki hated feeling incompetent, but right now that was exactly how she felt so she tried to make it seem not nearly as bad as it obviously was, her words seeming very unconvincing even to her own ears. Yuki cringed slightly when the gauze was put onto her wound with pressure, but she kept her face as impassive as possible - she was a captain after all.

"Don't worry about it Unohana Taicho, I told the nurses not to get you and to treat everyone else before me - they were here before me so it was only fair. I'm Koori Yuki by the way, I just became the captain of the 10th division not too long ago."

She turned her head to look at Jim as he told his story of how he got his burn. He willing put his hand into fire, was he insane? Then again, if it had been her zanpakuto that had been in the fire she probably would have done the same thing. Maybe.

She turned her head back to the other captain when she heard the words 'bring the sutures I will prep the captain's arm'. Did she mean stitches? Yuki hated stitches, she was no good with the thought of a needle and thread in her arm bringing her skin together. It just gave her horrible images just thinking about it. However, she wouldn't let her fears show, though she was sure that they might be seen in her face considering it had probably gone a bit pale at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Retsu Unohana

Retsu Unohana

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:16 am

Unohana noticed the paleness of the captain's face at the mention of sutures. She could tell she was trying to be stoic, and so did not mention it aloud. A younger nurse approached with the kit as Unohana turned the arm towards her... Yes... Unfortunately the wound needed the stitches...

"Taicho-san, I'm going to have to stitch your arm so that the healing and binding kido has a chance to complete... They should not have to be in for very long, and..." She whispered her next words quietly to the captain, "They should not hurt, much..." Then louder she said, "I have numbed the area already, Roseanne, please assist me."

Retsu carefully pulled open the kit and started to stitch the wound, starting at the lower end of the wound and working up. She made her stitches neat and small, knowing that the smaller the stitch the less pain caused both when having them placed and when removing them. She continued to watch the captain's face for signs of pain, ready to implement another kido if it proved necessary.

Retsu was curious as to how the captain had hurt their arm, but resolved to ask about the matter later... She turned before making her 4th stitch to observe Lissa beginning to cleanse the burn on the lieutenant. She too was using numbing kido and was doing a wonderful job...

OOC

Hehe... both of my nurses are actually my LPNs that work for me at my job... I wonder what they would think if they knew I am using them as my shinigami nurses? They are both very good friends of mine... Smile

End OOC
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 am

(OOC: lol, I'm sure they'd love to know that they were now shinigami nurses - who wouldn't want to be one of those? Oh, I'm so excited, next week I'm doing work experience at a real hospital, I can't wait Very Happy)

Yuki nodded at Unohana's words, and listened as the captain came in closer to whisper that they wouldn't hurt much, which did help to alleviate some of her fears. She forced herself to watch as the captain made small stitches - could they get any smaller? - as a way to help her get over her completely irrational fear, but it only served to help solidify it and remind her why she felt this way to begin with.

It did hurt slightly, which was strange because she could have sworn she heard that the area had been numbed, but it was probably because it had been left too long and the skin had become tender. She looked over at Jim sitting next to her and saw that he was getting his burn cleansed

She didn't know much about medicine - well nothing about medicine - but it looked as though the captain and her nurses were doing a good job, because by the fourth stitch the pain had lessened to just a minor throb - she could live with a minor throb. Not knowing what to say Yuki just kept quiet through the whole procedure.
Back to top Go down
Retsu Unohana

Retsu Unohana

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:48 am

OOC

Yay Clinicals! You will learn to HATE that word btw... I'm so happy to be done with them, the real world work is usually easier (because there are some corners you can cut) and you leave your paperwork at work, (usually). But the best of luck, and hope you have/had fun Smile

END OOC

Retsu quickly finished the last stitch on the captain's arm and took a last look before she started to wrap it to keep it clean.

"Taicho, this will need to be kept dry as much as possible... and I would like to have it changed at least daily. You can stop by the relief station and have any one of my nurses redress it. The stitches should stay in for at least 3-4 days, I will have to look at again to make sure..."Retsu looked up from the wound,"If you have any pain, or the wound causes you any trouble, please don't hesitate to see me, any time." Retsu smiled in assurance. "If you would like you are able to go now, unless you require further assistance?"

Retsu turned slightly and questioned Lissa, "How does the burn look?"

"Hai, Unohana-taicho, It is almost done... I am wrapping it now. It was mostly 2nd degree burns..."

Retsu thought quietly to herself, knowing that 2nd degree burns were very painful... "Did you apply a class 2 healing kido on it?"

"Of course, Taicho, as well as a numbing and cleansing kido."

"Good, very good..." Unohana turned towards the door. "Has anyone word come back from the 11th division captain's condition?"
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:27 am

Yuki let out a small breath of relief as Unohana finished with the stitches - though she was unhappy to hear that she would need to keep them in for 3-4 days. It was a good thing that she was left handed otherwise writing would have killed. Getting out now seemed like the best thing that she had heard all day, but she didn't want to appear rude, so she figured she should at least introduce herself first - in all the commotion she hadn't even done that yet, how embarressing!

"Thank you Unohana Taicho, it looks like you did a great job - though I wouldn't have expected anything else from such a skilled healer. I apologise for my rudeness, but I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Koori Yuki, captain of the 10th division."
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 am

Jim allowed them to tend to his burns and listened as Koori introdused her self to the captain of the fourth divison. When she finished he did the same. "I'm James Kisheen, vice-captain of the 5th divison." He didn't know how much longer it would take for them to finish with his arm, but he waited as they did there work.
Back to top Go down
Dak Rios

Dak Rios

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 am

"Get the hell off me!" Dak yelled at the nurse. She had basically been picked up by a rather large looking shinigami nurse and placed back in her bed. He had stitched up most of the injuries she had reopened by her moving before her time. "I'm fine, I can do that by myself" she whined as she healed herself. She had been in the 4th division before and knew how to treat wounds of this caliber.

"for the last time, get away from me before I rip you to shreds" she screamed as she glared at the person as she was beginning to lose her temper. "fine" she mumbled as she sat back in her bed and allowed the person to heal her. "I feel fine anyway. So why not just let me go home?" she questioned as she heard someone walk into her room.
Back to top Go down
Retsu Unohana

Retsu Unohana

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 am

“No need to apologize, captain, I’m certain your wound caused you a great deal of pain.” Retsu had turned towards Yuki-taicho when she had spoken. “I am glad to meet the 10th division captain, although under better circumstances would have been nice as well.”

"I'm James Kisheen, vice-captain of the 5th divison."

“It is good to meet you as well, vice captain…” Retsu watched as her nurse finished bandaging the arm and gathered her supplies.

“Unohana-taicho, I am finished… I will now check on the other wounded,” Lissa left after she gave a small bow.

“The burn should be kept dry, and bandaged until the new skin has begun to grow… With the healing kido Lissa applied it should only take a day or two… and the numbing effect should last as long…”

A slightly flustered Lissa appeared at the doorway. “Taicho… the 11th division taicho has begun terrorizing the nurses… Please come quickly!”

“I’m sorry captain, vice-captain but it looks like I must attend the 11th division captain…”
Unohana smiled as she turned to walk out the door. Rios-taicho was being her usual self… I can still remember when she was a member of the 4th division.. She always had a temper that could easily be aroused…

She quickly crossed the short distance to where the captain had been laying.. And walked in the door to find a nurse slowly healing the injuries. Retsu was well beloved by all of the 4th division and she was well known to care for all of her members. However this nurse sometimes lacked a certain bedside manner… Something that Unohana had been trying to ease her out of.

“Taicho, I apologize for the wait… I am surprised to see you here, you are very skilled in the art of healing kido, you usually healed your own injuries... I admit I am glad you came today though… I have not been able to see you for quite some time.” Retsu made a motion to get the nurse’s attention and spoke, “You may go, thank you for assisting the captain.” After the nurse had left, Retsu moved and shut the door.

“Better… I am relieved to see that you are not seriously injured, I know you can sometimes be reckless… an ability that often made me worry!” She motioned towards the injury in question, “May I take a look?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Careless injury [open]   Careless injury [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Careless injury [open]
Page 1 of 1