Bleach Serenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Serenity

A new Bleach RPG where you can RP as a character in the anime or manga, or make your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

While going through Applications of the new people joining...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Methias

Methias

While going through Applications of the new people joining... Empty
PostSubject: While going through Applications of the new people joining...   While going through Applications of the new people joining... EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:41 am

To put it simply, while going through a certain application, I came across this:

Quote :
Enhanced reaitsu: When Sieraku summons his mask his reiatsu takes a boost and depending on what form he is in it can over power a captain and a Vasto Lorde Arrancar with no trouble. Over powering their reiatsu making him feel powerful then his current opponent

Now, judging from this, I'll assume that many people don't quite understand the concept of Reiryoku and Reiatsu. Now, with this ability, being able to overpower a Vasto Lorde Arrancar with no trouble (Toshiro has even said that 10 vasto lorde Arrancar would be enough to destroy Soul Society), is incredibly overpowered, if you look at how Reiatsu is made.

Reiryoku is like a fuel. Spiritually aware beings use it for a wide veriety of their attacks. The stronger this fuel, the stronger the output would be, in this case Reiatsu. As such, Reiryoku is your potential strength, Reiatsu is the feeling of what is in use. Because of this, those with higher Reiryoku also tend to have higher Reiatsu. Now, the issue with this ability is but two things. One, it indicates his Reiryoku is godlike, and two, Vasto Lorde and Captains shouldn't be able to be "over powered with no trouble". The amount of Reiryoku to perform that level of Reiatsu is on par, if not superior, to the General Commander Yamamoto.

Now, hopefully this should clear up a few issues with the whole Reiryoku / Reiatsu thing. I'll appologise for writing this up when I've only been here for a couple of days, and that i'm not an Admin. However, I believe it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Methias

Edit: Adding a couple of pages for you to view to prove my point on Toshiro saying about 10 Vasto Lorde being enough to Destroy SS

Here
And
Here
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

While going through Applications of the new people joining... Empty
PostSubject: Re: While going through Applications of the new people joining...   While going through Applications of the new people joining... EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 am

I read this application as well, but at the moment it's WIP so I didn't leave a comment on it yet, but this ability is definitely OP, and I can't speak for any of the other mods or admins, but I certainly wouldn't let this ability through.

If you have any issues with any characters that have been accepted with OP abilities than you should PM a mod or admin. It's ok that you wrote this, because you are right in saying it's an issue that needs to be addressed, and hopefully when people read this they'll have a better understanding of the two terms ^^
Back to top Go down

While going through Applications of the new people joining...
Page 1 of 1