Bleach Serenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach Serenity

A new Bleach RPG where you can RP as a character in the anime or manga, or make your own.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Settling in

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Settling in    Settling in  EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:26 am

((Italics mean her thoughts))

It seemed as if the weather was taunting her, such miserable weather for a day of importance. The sky flashed with lightning as the storm above unleashed it's rage upon those it saw as no more than ants below it. The cold rain that fell from the darn and menacing clouds above pooling in the shallow indents of the pavement that was the path she walked. As the water dripped from her hair and face Lightning wondered whether it could be as sign of the event to soon follow. As she approached the building that was her destination she breathed a sigh of relief, finally she would be out of the rain and wind. The sky echoed with the whip like crack of thunder as she reached for the door, she felt Zetsu-maru react to the sound. Still excited by storms aren't you To her Zetsu-maru was like a puppy and always would be despite his size.

Due to the large size of the coat she was wearing Lightning had to wiggle her hand through the sleeve so it could be seen and able to open the door. She had borrowed the coat from a much larger member of the Royal Guard upon leaving for the Seretei. It may not have fit ideally however it's waterproof characteristics had shielded her from the drenching capabilities of the rain. Her head and hair however.....well they were soaked just like the earth around her. Pulling the door open She stepped into the room closing the door behind her. Instantly she removed the coat that had protected her on her venture and hung it on the coat stand next to her. The room's air was warm and comforting, almost as if she was standing in the sun on a bright day. The cold droplets of rain falling from her hair onto her body gave her goosebumps now there was no coat to take the temperature away.

She readied herself to take in what was the office she would share with her captain now, she didn't know what to expect as she turned around.

Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:34 am

Yuki walked swiftly through the rain which pelted down on her, wishing for all the world that she could slow her pace and just enjoy the amazing weather so rarely seen in Soul Society. Unfortunately, the bundle of white, crisp, dry paperwork needed to remain dry so as not to get destroyed. I'll have to walk slowly on the way back. A flash illuminated the sky above her in a brief show of brilliance, and her blood started to pump slightly faster in excitement; damn she loved this type of weather!

However, her features didn't betray this feeling as she finally arrived at her destination - the corridor leading to the 6th division lieutenatn/captain's office. She knew how much Byakuya hated the rain, and so she dried to shake off as much water before stepping over the threshold into the corridor so as to drip the least amount of water everywhere, before continuing with her swift pace towards the office.

She had heard how the 6th division had received a new lieutenant, and as a captain she had heard a very strange, and very, very confidential rumour going around the captain circles, that this new lieutenant was from the Royal Guard. Having never taken stock in rumours before she had instantly disregarded it, though she couldn't help wondering if it was true; if it was then just what were they doing here?

Reaching the door she politely knocked and waited to be allowed in, rather than just walking straight in as other captain's would have done.
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:29 am

Lightning's face contorted at the sight before her, a rather spacious wooden desk's top was covered in paperwork. Lightning approached the desk slowly as if it were a wild animal ready to pounce. As she walked around behind the desk her eye began to twitch as she took in the true extent of the paperwork. Paperwork was definately not something she was used to having to do. great, this position is looking like fun already She looked over to the other desk in the room, no paperwork was resting upon it's surface. Well at least the captain is organised She was tempted to sit on the chair she would no doubt be spending most of her life seated upon now, however a fresh drop of water from her hair landing upon the desk's top reminded her that her hair was still wet.

A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts, great a visitor.. She rolled her eyes at her rotten luck and focused her light blue eyes upon the door as if it was an enemy. She softened her gaze slightly before speaking. "Enter"
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:46 am

After hearing the words which granted her access to the room, Yuki pushed the door open enough to allow her to slip in. Inside the room she could see that the room was vacant aside from the female near the lieutenant's desk, her light pink hair lightly dripping water to show that she, too, had been outside in the pleasant weather.

"I'm here to deliver these papers for Kuchiki Taicho."

Yuki had left her haori in her office - she had never liked wearing it and so rarely did when in Seireitei - and the unfortunate side-effect of her short stature was that most believed her to be 'younger' than she truly was, and so never didn't believe that she was of captain status; it didn't help that they could hardly ever feel her reiatsu due to her tight control of it.

Striding over to Byakuya's desk, devoid of paper, she placed the forms down, thinking that Byakuya would just love her when he saw them. Turning back around she took in the woman in front of her, who didn't appear too much older than herself - though in Soul Society looks could be very deceiving. Her dark brown, almost black eyes gazed intensely for a moment as she inspected her in scrutiny; it was true that her reiatsu seemed different to what she was used to, but could she possibly be in the Royal Guard?
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:06 am

A young woman entered the room stating that she had paperwork for the captain. Lightning observed her as she walked over to the captain's desk. She noted her appearance, dark brown eyes and hair tied into long braids on each side of her neck. She wasn't wearing a haori so Lightning couldn't determine her division or rank straight away. Lightning could tell that the woman was trying to suss her out as her dark brown eyes looked her over.

"is their something in particular you're looking at?" Lightning raised a quizzical eyebrow to the young woman. She didn't seem much older than herself, however looks could be deceiving. Lightning sat in the chair at her new desk crossing her legs and resting her left arm upon it as she sat facing her visitor.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:22 am

Yuki wasn't surprised that the female inquired as to what she was looking at - if it had been her and somebody was looking at her she would have asked the same thing. It was obvious that this woman was the lieutenant of the 6th division - she could plainly see the badge on her arm - so she knew that she wouldn't look like a fool in bringing this up with the wrong person. She waited until the woman was seated in her chair before speaking.

"I'm sorry for staring; it was rude of me to do so. You must be the new lieutenant, I'm Yuki. It's nice weather outside, wouldn't you agree?"

Her eyes retained their intense brilliance, though that couldn't be helped as they always seemed intense due to their colour, and the intelligence swirling beneath their depths. As she spoke she decided to keep her rank unknown for now, and so dropped her last name lest it helped identify her; she had always learnt that for intelligence missions anything that could potentially identify you had to go. Even though there was nothing at stake in finding out if the rumours held true, her habits from the second division remained with her - and she had always been bad with breaking out of habits.
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 am

Lightning was interested in this woman, she was playing a game of intelligence with her. Lightning's lips smiled ever so slightly as her light blue eyes flickered with amusement. "Zetsu-maru would agree you on the weather topic, i myself like it cold" She moved a strand of her light pink and wet hair from her her eyes before answering. Lightning stood once more knowing she should be polite to....Yuki as she called herself. The height difference between them showed as she approached Yuki. Lightning stood at a rather unusually tall 5 foot 10 inches. ((OOC: see profile pic for body shape xD))

"Lightning" was all she said to introduce herself as she outreached her hand to Yuki. Lightning had a feeling this woman was of a rank higher than lieutenant something about her reiatsu and behaviour made her feel this way, however she would make no judgements just yet.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:02 am

"Am I correct in assuming Zetsu-maru is your zanpakuto? I also love the cold; it's my favourite temperature when most people appear to be frozen - though my zanpakuto makes it so I don't feel the cold as much as most people."

Her eyes narrowed as the lieutenant - Lightning? What an unusual name - stood up and walked over towards her. She absolutely hated being dwarfed, which she usually was, but the differences between Yuki's barely 5 foot 1 and Lightning's height was way too great for the short captain's liking.

Taking the offered hand Yuki shook it, before withdrawing - she had never been one for physical contact outside of combat. She could see, that while she scrutinized Lightning, the lieutenant was doing the same thing in trying to make judgments based on what she saw, and how Yuki acted. She had a feeling that this strange lieutenant was also quite smart.
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:19 am

Lightning could tell by Yuki's stare as she approached that her height had not gone unnoticed and by her hand shake that she too disliked physical contact outside of combat much like herself. interesting

"yes Zetsu-maru is my Zanpaktou" The sky echoed with a crack of thunder once more. "And he quite enjoys this type of weather" Lightning's straightforward persona was once again taking over as she asked a question of her new acquaintance. "so what division do i and my captain owe the pleasure of such paperwork?" She began walking away from Yuki and back towards her cluttered desk. just who was the former lieutenant here She thought as she once again saw the huge pile of paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 am

Straight to the point.. That's admirable. Yuki could either be straight to the point, or she could take forever saying something to see reactions and stuff like that. But normally, in a situation which didn't require intelligence information, she would have it over and done with so as not to prolong interactions; however, she was very curious of this lieutenant - curiosity was always something which made her act on a whim, and change from her normal habits or trying not to socialize.

"The 10th division - it's the reports that need to be filled out so the division can process the next mission for the 6ht; as you know the 10th division is the one which plans and co-ordinates most missions, and in the case of larger missions, they're in charge of executing them" It was sometimes tiring how much work she had to do - it was no secret that the 10th division generally got the most paperwork, and sent out the most paperwork to be filled.

"How long have you been in the lieutenant's position?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:43 am

of the 10th division. ....interesting Lightning could hardly help from laughing as Yuki told her about her divisions duties. Of course she knew of the 10th division's duties, she knew all of the divisions duties. In fact was there a soul reaper that did not? Lightning was beginning to inspect her new office. Not too small which was good since she would be sharing it with another. It was clean besides her desk that is, which was also good. well the captain is clean as well it would seem She turned her gaze back to Yuki as she was asked how long she had been a lieutenant. She thought the question over for a moment before answering, what should she say? Well telling the truth was always good and being vague was even safer.

"not long at all" She was begining to think this woman was after some particular information. Lightning took a stab in the dark as to the woman's rank, there was something about the woman's demeanour that made her think she would be right. "how long have you been a captain?"
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:34 am

A wry smile passed briefly across Yuki's face as Lightning laughed - she knew that any normal shinigami would know of her duties, but she wasn't sure if someone from the Royal Guard - if she even was - would know of the individual duties within Seireitei. She watched as the female roved her eyes across the room, taking in every detail of the place where she would now be working, wondering how strong she was.

If she was what she was rumoured to be than that meant that she was probably very powerful, but did that mean she was more powerful than the other captains, or even Yuki herself? With Lightning's question Yuki made no change of expression to show that she thought the comment was remarkably perceptive, in fact it was as though the question was completely disregarded before she found herself answering.

"Almost five years now - I'm one of the newer additions to the captain ranks." It was true that captain's had a different reiatsu to other shinigami; it as heavier and thicker, so it was easy to tell the difference, but Yuki had thought that she had surpressed it enough for it to go undetected - something that she was apparently incorrect about. Deciding that the time for beating around the bush had ended, she out right asked the question which had been on her mind ever since walking through the doors of this office and seeing the new lieutenant standing there.

"Are you part of the Royal Guard?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 am

Lightning had a feeling that that topic would come up eventually, however it was supposed to be a secret for the most part. "well i suppose that i should have expected the captains to find out i suppose" Her gaze focused back onto Yuki, her face rather emotionless and blue eyes staring deeply into hers. She knew that the woman must have been curious of her power, who wouldn't be?

To answer your questions, i am 200 years of age, have been lieutenant for about....3 days i'd estimate and.....

Lightning stopped suppressing her reiatsu momentarily, sure it wasn't a true guage of her power after all it was but her resting level. Still it would be enough to show the captain the answer to the question Kaihime knew she was dying to ask her. Lightning adjusted her gloves slightly and tilted her head observing Yuki's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:23 am

She was part of the Royal Guard. This was the only thought going through Yuki's mind - this impossibly abstract thought that shouldn't be true; the Royal Guard never left the King's Realm ever, which begged the question as to why she was here. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion as she kept the gaze as the blue eyes stared into her own, never breaking the contact.

It was almost as though the lieutenant was searching for something in her brown depths, but she knew she wouldn't find anything - everything that could be seen in her eyes was just on the surface; it was impossible to see down past the layer of ice to see her real thoughts. As soon as she felt her reiatsu raise higher she was immediately impressed; it was a lot more powerful than any lieutenant she had ever met - though it wasn't uncomfortably powerful. In fact, if she was to hazard a guess she would say that the level of reiatsu was very similar to her own.

"Why are you here in Seireitei?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:44 am

This woman was good at hiding her reactions and this impressed Lighting to a certain degree, she liked those that held some mystery to them. She could tell by the woman's eye's that she was not a very outgoing and extremely sociable, behind those eyes was a wall that had been designed to keep those such as herself out. Lightning approached a picture hanging upon the wall that was framed in a rather beautiful and intricately detailed frame. She studied the frame more than the image held within it, reaching out she gently ran her finger over the delicate carvings of the frame before answering the question asked of her.

"i would have thought it obvious, i am here as i have been ordered to be so" Lightning knew that was not the answer Yuki sought of her, however being sucha sensitive subject Lightning was not going to volunteer anymore information than absolutely needed to satisfy the askers curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 am

A dark, perfect eyebrow raised at the ambiguous answer as carefully attentive eyes stared concentrated on the form of the lieutenant as she seemed to study a picture on the wall, lightly running her finger down the frame as though it as delicate and could brake if any more pressure was applied. It was definitely not the answer she had hoped for, but it was definitely one she had expected. She was just a captain in the Gotei 13 after all; not nearly high enough up the ladder as to know the confidential details of a mission of a Royal Guard - she wasn't even sure if she was meant to be aware of the presence of the Royal Guard in Seireitei.

"Am I correct in assuming that your... position is not well known in Seireitei?" Hopefully the integrity of Seireitei wasn't under threat - but it would have to be something so enormously big for the King to send one of his own Guard's down to help defend the city and shinigami.
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:00 am

Lightning turned calmly and slowly around to face Yuki once more. "you are correct in assuming so" Lightning's odd and rather regal manner of speech was not being taunted or even seemingly noticed by Yuki, this was unusual. Sure normally not many but the extremely bold or ignorant would comment on it but normally she could see interest or at least some hint of it. It was rather refreshing to be honest.

Lightning's gaze went to the new stack of papers that Yuki had brought for her captain. half the size of mine i see Her gaze flicked back to her desk before returning to Yuki. Lightning's curiousity was peaked, who was her captain? what were they like? She had noticed that they were clean and organised which to her was a good thing. So far they seemed good....so far. "tell me of my captain"
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:19 am

Yuki thought for a moment before answering Lightning's question - trying to formulate the right words to describe the man which she would serve under. She was pretty sure that they would get along - with Byakuya being of noble lineage, and Lightning obviously noble in some way if her way of speaking was anything to go by, they would probably connect, seeming as Byakuya didn't seem to talk with anyone - apart from herself - in a friendly sort of way who was not bred in some kind of upbringing such as that.

"Well, most people would describe him as cold and extremely formal - which he is as he is the head of the Kuchiki clan - and he always presents himself in a respectable manner befitting a captain. He may seem harsh at first, but that's because he doesn't want his division to look bad in any way, so he'll probably always be pushing you to do your paperwork."
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:09 am

((OOC:thought they could go somewhere xD so i thought of the following lol))

From what Yuki had answered with Lightning begun to think just perhaps this Kuchiki would be a fit captain. She looked over to her desk that seemed for like a giant stack of paperwork at the current moment and glared at the papers with contempt. i see, so will have to get stuck into these soon then Lightning took a few steps and opened the drawer of her desk, what was inside? nothing......not even a pen or paper. As frustration began to fill her mind silence was all that could be heard, the rain ceased and a small ray of sunlight shone through the small opening of the curtains that covered the room's window.

"Well" Lightning closed the drawer to her desk before continuing her sentence. "Yuki captain of the tenth division, i don't suppose you would know of a place to purchase items would you?" Lightning called her that title on purpose to mock the fact that Yuki had not given her a first name. There was several things that Lightning would need to purchase if she was to complete her paperwork successfully, besides she should really know where a store was.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:26 am

(OOC: Good idea Very Happy)

Yuki stood slightly awkwardly to the side, not really knowing what to do as she had already fulfilled her purpose for this little journey to the 6th division - the only thing keeping her in the office was her stupid curiosity Trying to keep all feelings from her face so that the lieutenant wouldn't know her thoughts, Yuki continued to stand there, trying to think of reasons to stay and continued with her pointless and round-about questioning which was getting nowhere. Opportunity presented itself when Lightning asked where to buy things - she knew where the shops were!

"Of course, I can show you where they are if you would like." Considering Lightning didn't know where anything was she would have no choice but to follow Yuki as she walked out of the office door at a slow enough pace so that the lieutenant would easily be able to catch up.

"So is Lightning your real name, or is just an alias?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 am

Lightning followed after Yuuki as she suddenly exited the room stating that she would show her to a store. Not long after leaving the room did Yuuki ask Lightning a question, "So is Lightning your real name, or is just an alias?". This question stumped Lightning, she honestly did not know how to answer that question. Sure, she knew the answer of course but what was she to tell? the truth? She had not used her real name in over a hundred years, nor had she told anyone of it. For all intensive purposes she was Lightning, no longer Kaihime Minori. But to be honest she had not been asked for her true name in quite a while, what would be the harm in telling this woman her birth name? Surely none.

"My birth name is that of Kaihime Minori, however should you call me that i shall not answer. I am no longer that person."

((OOC: since you are leading Kaihime i thought i would let you describe where they are/are going lol and sorry its short i have to go to bed -_-)))
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:56 am

They walked soundlessly through the winding corridors of the 6th division while Lightning thought over the answer to the question she had asked; that in itself was all the answer she needed as to whether it was her real name, but she still waited patiently for confirmation. It was no longer raining - something which she noticed with a little bit of bitterness - though thankfully it was still quite overcast, with the threat of more rain, so the heat from the struggling sun wasn't unbearable.

Yuki knew these areas like the back of her hand, even though this wasn't her division, because her memory allowed her to remember the many times she had come this way for various reasons. So caught up in the peaceful and silent walk, she was almost startled when Lightning answered her question - a question which she had started to think would go unanswered.

"Why do you no longer use the name you were given?" She was aware that it was probably a personal question, and so wouldn't be offended if it wasn't answered - if she had been Lightning she wouldn't have answered - but was curious about it all the same.
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:13 am

Almost as soon as she had answered Yuuki's previous question yet another was asked of her. Lightning wasn't quite sure how to take Yuuki's questions that seemed to be becoming more and more private. Lightning laughed a little in response to her question, she wasn't going to answer this one...not just yet. "So where are we heading?"

Lightning wasn't one to be led...normally anyway. She had become used to leading and taking charge, things she would have to give up now that she served as a lieutenant. Lightning looked into the sky, it had indeed stopped raining however the possibility of further rain still lingered in the overcast sky.
Back to top Go down
Koori Yuki

Koori Yuki

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:28 am

It was unsurprising as Lightning completely ignored her question; it was understandable as she herself hated such personal questions like that asked of her, but she couldn't help it - when something piqued her curiosity her mind wouldn't allow her to not ask a question. She blamed it all on her mind - she had been told once that she asked so many questions as it was her mind's way of subconsciously growing larger.

"There's a shop not too far away from here that supplies the equipment which you would be looking for; it's the main equipment store for 6th division members, so it would be good for you to remember where it is." Walking very slightly in front of the other female, Yuki liked the feeling of power it gave her, to know that she was in control. These little things, while they seemed so insignificant, allowed her to remember that she was capable of leading, even if it was something as trivial as leading the way to somewhere. Up ahead she saw the shop which was their destination.
Back to top Go down
Lightning (Kaihime)

Lightning (Kaihime)

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 am

The fact that there was a shop that specialised in the equipment of the 6th division stunned Lightning slightly. what possible equipment could that be? she thought to herself as she followed closely behind the captain. She could tell that the woman was used to leading in her role as captain and decided she had better let her do so. As they turned a corner Lightning saw what she figured must have been the store up ahead of them. well at least it wasn't too far away

She looked up at the sky once more, it was rather dark and menacing. The clouds remained as if to taunt those below them. The fresh scent of rain was in the air and the remnants of rain were dripping from rooves and plants. It was actually rather peaceful and relaxing if you forgot about the fact it could rain any moment once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Settling in  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling in    Settling in  Empty

Back to top Go down

Settling in
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next